Links

Monday, November 21, 2011

Canal Again

I went to the C&O Canal again last weekend.  I intended to head to a different section of the trail but changed my mind at the last minute and went back to the same spot as last time.  I ran to Point of Rocks and back again.  I just compared my time and it looks like I ran a little faster than last time by a couple of minutes.  I wasn't worried about running fast so I guess that means I'm starting to move a little quicker.  I stopped to take a few pictures along the way again.

Running at the canal has moments of amazing beauty.  The images I have captured with my phone really don't do it justice.  Running alongside the Potomac River is awesome.  I would love to be able to say that the entire run looks like this:



but in truth, most of the run looks like this:



This still beats the view for for most of my runs and the trail is entirely flat which is a huge bonus.  Still, I would like to be able to see the water more often.  I won't have a chance to run at the canal again for a while, but next time I plan to hit the Great Falls area.  I've heard the views there are spectacular.

Another highlight of the run was coming across the dog sledding folks again.  They went by so quickly that I couldn't get a picture of my own, but I looked up their website and borrowed this one.  The dogs seemed to be having the time of their lives!


No comments: