Links

Monday, November 28, 2011

ChristmasTown Dash 8K

My son Logan and I are going to run in the second annual ChristmasTown Dash in Williamsburg, VA this Sunday.  It's an 8K race that takes place on the grounds of Busch Gardens.  We ran in the first one together last winter and had a really good time despite the below average temperatures.  It actually snowed the night before the race so the organizers postponed the start by an hour so the course would be safe.  Cindi and the girls came to cheer us on.

This race holds a little more meaning to us than just a chance to  run together.  Williamsburg is where Logan's grandmother Carol (Grammy) lived before she passed away suddenly in October of 2010.  Carol loved Williamsburg and Busch Gardens very much so in addition to running for the fun of being together, we run to honor Carol.  I'll lift my self imposed ban on running with an iPod for this race so I can listen to U2 while jogging through the Ireland section of the park, two more of Carol's favorite things.

Here are a few pictures from last year's race.  I'll post some from this year next week. :-)





No comments: