Links

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Change in Plans

I have re-re-injured my Achilles tendons. Both of them. I went for a run last Friday morning and it was pretty awful.  Both ankles got very sore afterwards and I came to the conclusion that I need to lay off for a couple weeks and just rest. No running or cycling at all for two entire weeks which will be the longest break that I've had in about a year.  I plan to try swimming a little bit at the community pool to keep my cardio endurance up a little, but that's it.

So far I'm on day 4 of my break and I'm dealing with it OK.

The real bummer in this is that a two week break in this part of my training means that I will not be running the Richmond Marathon in November.  I'm going to look for another race for some time in the winter, but I haven't made any decisions yet.

Here is a picture that I took on the Capitol Crescent Trail in Silver Spring last Friday.  I was having a crappy run and everything sucked so I decided to stop and take a couple pictures.  The CC Trail is a great place to run for me.  It's about 10 minutes from my office but it feels like it is in the middle of nowhere.



No comments: