Links

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Marathon #2

I am currently in training for my second marathon.  I started this training program on November 19th after a 10 day lay off. So far, training has been less than ideal. I'm really tired and most of my runs have pretty much sucked.  I'm not sure what the problem is.  I had a very solid base going into this.  I was running between 25 and 30 miles a week for several months so jumping to 33 miles the first week shouldn't have been as hard as it was.  Maybe the 10 day rest was too much? Maybe I'm just psyching myself out by thinking about it too much. 

Yesterday I ran 10 miles on my lunch break.  I felt pretty good for the first 7 or 8 miles but then I was really struggling in the end.  I needed to nap for an hour after work and I still went to bed right at 10:00 and fell asleep almost at once.  If I wasn't in my (very) late 30's, I would think I had mono or something.

Oh well, enough bitching.  I have 4 miles on the calendar today but I think I'm going to take a rest day instead.  I'll make up for it on Sunday when I run the Christmas-Town Dash on my scheduled rest day.  Let's hope that things improve quickly!

No comments: