Links

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

December 18, 2012 Update

I just thought I would update both of my readers (one of them  is me) on my training so far...

It's been an interesting start to this training.  I just checked and was surprised to see that I am currently in week 6.  I thought I was only 4 weeks in!  The first couple weeks were pretty tough.  For some reason I really struggled mentally.  Maybe it has to do with having run through this once before but I wasn't enjoying any of my runs and had to force myself through them.  For the most part those negative feelings have passed although I am really, really sick of running through my neighborhood.  I'm trying to mix that up a bit by choosing routes I've never taken before but no matter what I still have to run the same streets and I just need a change of scenery sometimes.  Maybe we can sell the house and move? Preferably to somewhere flat. :-)

The thing that seemed to knock me out of the negative attitude funk is (surprise, surprise) picking up a little injury.  I don't know what it was, but the top of my right foot started hurting a few weeks ago after a 14 mile run.  I ended up having to rest for almost a full week to let it heal.  I resumed running last week and the pain has gone away.  I cut my long run from 16 to 12 last Saturday to be safe but I don't feel any pain in my foot today.  This week is a "cut back" week on my training plan.  I am scheduled to run 12 this Saturday but I think I'm going to run 16 instead to get myself back on schedule.

I think that about puts me up to date here.  I took some pictures on my run last Saturday.  The first one is a "panoramic" shot on top of the Monocacy Aqueduct.





The second one is from the white water kayaking place that is hidden behind the Dickenson Substation.  They use water from the Potomac to feed it. There is a sign out front that says it was used a training facility by the US Olympic team back in the 1990's.  It's really not that interesting of a picture except that it just looks entirely out of place sitting along side the trail. 


No comments: