Links

Friday, February 3, 2017

Marathon Number Six - Week Eight

Week XXXX of the training plan looks like this:

Sunday, Rest or cross training
Monday, Recovery + speed 7M w/6x100m strides
Tuesday, Medium long run 12M
Wednesday, Rest or cross training
Thursday, Lactate threshold 10M w/6M @ HMP
Friday, Recovery 5M
Saturday, Long run 20M

Stats

Weight: Still afraid to look

Health: Improved. My back is hurting less than it has been and my stupid toe is finally starting to heal.

Training

Sunday - Because of Life, I had to push my long run from last week to Sunday.  18 miles in 10 degrees. The air was cold but still at the start, the wind decided to pick up about half way through it.  This run would have sucked in a major way if it wasn't for a couple of foolish great runners from the Steeps that wanted to get some miles in.  I ran three miles on my own before meeting up with them. Together we took a tour of Windsor Knolls, Holbrook, Loch Haven and a couple neighborhoods that I don't remember the name of.  The area where I live is surrounded by roads with narrow to non-existent shoulders and vehicles traveling at high speeds.  So to get in a run this long you either run a lot of loops or visit a lot of cul-de-sacs.

We kept the pace very slow and I got through the first 15 miles just fine.  For the last three I was having a lot of pain in my left foot.  I thought that it might blister but the next day it felt fine, so I'm not sure what the issue was.

Monday - I needed a rest day after the 18 miler on Sunday, so I took a rest day.

Tuesday - 7 miles, but no strides.

Wednesday - I ran 12 miles at work on my lunch break.

Thursday -

Friday -

Saturday -

No comments: