Links

Sunday, February 5, 2017

Marathon Six - Week Eleven

Week eleven of the training plan looks like this:

Sunday, Rest or cross training
Monday, General aerobic + speed 7M w/ 6x100m strides
Tuesday, Lactic threshold 11M w/7M@HMP
Wednesday, Rest or cross training
Thursday, Medium long run, 12M
Friday, Recovery 5M
Saturday, Long run, 20M

Stats

Weight: ha ha ha ha ha!

Health: I have a new pain.  The front of my leg, way up top.

Training

Sunday - Rest day

Monday - I ran the 7 but wasn't in the mood for strides.  I ran 5 easy and then the last 2 at MP (7:51, 7:39).

Tuesday - Lactic threshold, 11M with 7 @ HMP.  I was feeling very negative about this run.  I got to the 4 mile mark and decided I wasn't going to try the HM pace part.  Then I got to the 4.5 mark and changed my mind.  For the last 7 my splits were 8:06, 7:38, 7:30, 7:27, 7:21, 7:30, 7:22).  Not exactly HMP for the whole thing, but I felt pretty good about it.

Wednesday - Rest day.

Thursday - I developed a sore spot on the bottom of my left foot after the speedy run on Tuesday.  I decided I bike for 1:40:00 instead of running the 12.  I watched a movie called "All the Way".  The movie is the story of Lindon Johnson, as portrayed by Brian Cranston. It was very good!

Friday - 5 easy miles in the neighborhood.

Saturday - 20 miles on the C&O canal towpath.  Some of it with a group of runners from the Steeplechasers.  All of it with my running buddy Linda, who is a wonderful training partner.

No comments: